View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
coolbreeze551

Congrats!!

Glad to see you bought another one and that you're still in one piece from the accident. I am not sure about the wheels, they look like stock wheels to me but they look a little like the "Turbo Look II Wheels" that they have at suncoast porsche. Here is a link to that http://www.****************************************************.com/category/986Wheels.html

About the top... I bought a GAHH top I am very happy with it however, the rear window size takes a little getting used too and because I am not in a country that has a lot of convertible upholstery businesses (Canada). It was expensive to get it installed (about $1000). I believe that in Austin there is a place that is GAHH certified so you may get a better rate. Call around and I am sure you'll find a reasonably priced place that will do it.

Debadging sounds easy when you read about it but when I was doing it I made a hash of it. Getting the "boxster" badge off was ok, but getting that glue off was a pain in the a$$. I used a blow dryer to loosen it up and then all sorts of glue remover stuff but I spent about 20-30 min there just using what little nails I have trying to get it off. A certain angles you can still see a "boxster" outline on the boot lid. Good luck with that.

I haven't painted my calipers but I am going to upgrade my brakes and rotors at some point so I don't want to do all that work and just replace them. I have also desnorkeled and am happy with the outcome. But you have had one before so I am sure you know a thing or two about most of that sort of stuff just something to consider.

Happy Boxstering
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote