View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
bigislandboxster

My take on your questions are that yes, getting an amp only will make it sound better....But the signal coming from your head unit is what the amp will be putting out, so that could be better also....Also, if you push up the wattage with the amp, the speakers may fry, as I don't think they can handle much beyond 40-50watts....A stereo system can get better sound by improving the head unit, adding an amp, or upgrading the speakers.....But doing all three can give you great sound as opposed to just better.....The sound from your system is only as good as the weakest link in the chain so to say....

Most head units have power already, but in my opinion a good amp will tend to give you cleaner sound with more power....I have a Nak head unit with 47w x 4 hooked up to an Audison 4 channel 60w x 4 amp driving the dash and doors.....The Nak has a button which allows you to use only the head unit power or amp power.....I get better sound quality and power just using the amps wattage....

The speakers have to be able to handle whatever wattage your pushing as well, otherwise just increasing the power will possibly blow your speakers.....

If your looking for a deck without all the lights and whistles the Nakamichis are very nice.....They have had some reliablity issues, but mine is working well ....so far!

Lou

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote