View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #18
johnsimion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
Ok, please educate me why they're paying $5k a year on insurance then? This is statistics gathered by insurance companies and no I'm not making this up. If you think I'm stereotyping, here help yourself.

http://my.is/forums/f122/car-insurance-rates-going-up-ontario-400363/
+++++
1. There's nothing in the 3 pages of the forum you linked to that even mentioned anything about Asian kids. Maybe it's buried somewhere, I only read the link twice. Who knows, who cares? Everybody's situation is different, except of course for people who stereotype. Anyway, what kind of a person quotes a forum post as proof of anything??? Sheesh!
2. It's no big secret that insurance is dependent on where you live, how you drive, how far you drive, your driving record, and the car you drive. So now there's the "Asian kids" factor? As if that would make any difference after considering all the real factors? ROFLMAO
3. FYI I'm paying USD $3240 per year to USAA for all three of my vehicles combined. That is with a spotless driving record and living in a quiet suburb. If my kid bought an expensive sports car or luxury vehicle and was the sole owner and driver, had a couple of tickets and moved to the inner city, I fully expect that he'd pay double that. No big surprise there. But I guess you would explain the increase based on the fact he is Asian.
4. Unless you have Asian kids, you wouldn't know whether the insurance company asks about their ethnicity -- would you? I do, and they don't.
5. In retrospect, "stereotyping" was an extremely magnanimous characterization.
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote