View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by extanker
your colors seem about right,oil smoke tends to stay around longer. how long did it run while you were bleeding the cooling system ? its just a matter of time before a CEL comes on ,either from oil or coolant damage. the AOS is a crankcase breathing system......just another thing porsche cant get right
Yep Porsche seem to struggle in a few areas of the Boxster and ive had em most lol 3 new pressure caps

kk i did all the jobs and the next day leaving the bleed valve (water) open did a trip of about 50 miles without any issues or problems , the very next day i went out to do another 50 miler and upon startup the smoke started but dissappeared very shortly after startup , so i put her back in the garage and tried the next day which had a longer smoke flow , so again i put her back in the garage , today i went out started her up and it was thick for quite a while and thinned down there after but still present , during all this ive had no CEL light or codes , even with the laptop connected nothing is showing as ab-normal.

The smoke certainly doesnt disperse like steam from a kettle it drifts up the road and into the neighbours back garden which is approx 60 foot away

thnx