View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
eightsandaces

I'm with topless on any mods like that, however, if someone were to challenge me about say the underpulley mod, or correlate it's existence to the car being whipped, I'd say they were off base. Let us not forget boys that there is an expansive contrast in shifting ability out there. At the dealership, one customer would get 60K from a clutch another might get 30K, same vehicle. Someone who thinks they are not mistreating the car might be using the clutch like a sanding wheel, holding a hill with it instead of the brake or worse yet occasionally doing the "if you can't find em', grind em' to the gearbox". I didn't mod my car for future investment, it came to me with a spider crack on the bumper cover, now it wears a GT3 cover, I made those changes to enjoy the car myself. For most of us on here these cars are our hobby not just our rides, when the time comes to sell it, I won't worry about the residual value. AND if I ever buy a GT3 or a Boxster Spyder and I feel like modding either one, I will! Remember you spend a long time in the dirt boys...

Hell even the '71 Fiat has an oversize webber carb and a taller gear differential, like father like son. I'm sure the Fiat is still worth considerably more than what is in it as it sits.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 12-03-2010 at 03:31 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote