View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_Josef
Any reason why the electric fluid pump as used in boats wouldn't work? Taking a look online seems like it would work perfectly. Snake the hose in, turn the pump on, suck out fluid then use a regular gear oil hand pump to pump a litre worth of new stuff in...

Any oil recommendations for the tiptronic diff? I know it's supposed to be 75W90 but can't find any info on the correct GL rating as in GL4 or GL5 or brand recommendations...Pelican sells "Titan" diff oil but I would rather use a Redline or Swepco product if available as I'm sure many of you reading this would too.
Chances are that a hose and pump will not get all the old oil and sediment out, so you may have to refill and dump several times to get everything. By that time, you could have pulled the axel and cover............

As for the best/correct gear oil, experience over the years had taught me that Porsche is prone to use very unusual and even unique gear box and diff oils, several major oil companies have openly admitted they do not have anything comparable because of the strange specs Porsche uses. As far as small blenders like Redline, Royal Purple, or Amsoil; while they have consistently claimed they have a matching product for just about everything, only problem is that most of the time they are misleading you with thinly veiled marketing hype; which is why we do not use any of their products..............