View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
harryrcb
Crazy Austrian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave928
great vid. better that you smoked him instead of playing with him...
I really hated doing that to him. He is a friend of mine but he told me how bad he will beat me, I just couldn't let that go. After the session, he was in denial and told me that he got hung up in traffic. So I posted the video, after he saw it, he was really down and was talking about upgrading his car. I really felt bad! I guess that's what you get for boasting plus it seams to be a concensus among 911 owners that boxster are just a low end slow car and some even don't consider them being a "real" Porsche. Someone has to step up and show them otherwise. Something similar happened to another friend of mine that has a very tricked out 997 turbo. I could not get around him but I kept the same lap times he did. again denial but I sat him down in front of my computer and showed him that indeed on every lap I would catch back up to him by T5 . the look on his face was undeniably disappointment and he is no slouch behind the wheel , an ex racer, so if I could manage to get a few more ponies under my hood, I could bust a few more ego's lol It's all in fun and that's what counts, I don't take myself too seriouslly.