View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
The Radium King

thanks for the replies, folks. while the roads are not that rough where i'm going, the boxster doesn't leave a lot of room for error. i was basing my thinking on 911 rally development, where not a lot of extra height was required. the boxsters, however, have all those unprotected cooling and clutch lines under the car. i remember when some pals and i rented a vw 'city golf' in windhoek and put 5000 namibian kms on it in a week. while it was all gravel and pavement (ie, no offroad driving) by the time we were done we'd torn off a fuel line, the doors were packed full of dust and wouldn't operate, and the stereo had rattled itself into a complete state of panic.

sounds like more of a job than just stiffening the chassis (cage, strut braces) and tweaking the suspension for an additional 1" of clearance. i guess the wife is getting the xc70 after all (... but i've heard good things about the 928 suspension, and 928's got big guns and are cheap like borscht; mebbe there's room for a toy for me in this equation ...).
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote