View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
The Radium King

boxster and gravel roads

hiya. it's looking like i might be moving to the nether regions of canada where gravel roads abound. before i give up on speed and german engineering altogether (no cayennes here, please) i was wondering about a mild rally treatment for my 2000 S.

i have a zeintop with soft top delete, so am thinking a heigo full cage with pedro bar and front strut brace for stiffness.

re wheels, can 16" rims fit over my S brakes? i figure heavier, 'base' wheels are probably stronger, and 16" wheels get a bit more rubber between me and the ruts.

how about suspension? in a perfect world i would like stronger, higher and more travel. are aluminum arms and links going to eat themselves and what are the options (most aftermarket stuff is lighter, not heavier)? can i get more distance between me and the road with longer struts or custom camber plates? what struts give the most travel? i presume i should stay with stock sways?

thanks for any advice you may have. i did find one site where a guy built a full-on rally car, but i'm not prepared to get into a full custom suspension setup (yet).

cheers, trk.

Last edited by The Radium King; 11-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote