View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Bladecutter

Spark plugs on this car are easy in comparison to some of the others I have done over the years.

Some examples:

2001 PT Cruiser - Have to remove the upper intake manifold to gain access to the center 2 spark plugs.

1992 Camry V6 - Rear bank requires having long slender arms, and small hands to be slightly easier. I have long, thick arms, and large hands. Wasn't easy.

1992 Buick Park Avenue - Rear bank requires climbing over the engine, reaching into the abyss, and fighting with one spark plug boot that likes to tear off on the spark plug if you don't change the plugs once a year.

1981 Pontiac Grand Prix - Bank on the passenger side has the rear cylinder pointed towards the rear of the car, and the housing for the a/c unit interfering with access. You will tear your knuckles, each and every time.

1990 Chevy Lumina V6 (car) - Worst engine on the planet to change the spark plugs on. Intake manifold and firewall interfere with access to the rear bank. Front bank is blocked by the radiator fan. No. I won't change your spark plugs. Take your car someplace else, mom.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote