View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #11
clueless1

it turns out there are two notches on the eccentric (on the nut side) ... these were not aligned with the bolt grooves as they should have been. Worse, I spent hours trying to turn the bolt while clamping etc the eccentric, but could not the bolt back into position. Finally I got it as close as I could, move the entire eccentric/bolt to the lowest position and hammered (and hammered and) it through. Very frustrating. Glad its over. All in all I have been pretty disappointed with this project thus far. I feel like it should have taken 30 minutes. I found it exceptionally difficult to find information on the net or otherwise.

Some other notes. I could NOT fit the hardrace/Che arm back into the frame's metal brackets ... it was very obviously too tight a fit. without really whacking it (and whacking and ....) with a hammer. That end is very obviously wider in comparison with the OEM arm.

My remaining questions would be where to get a boot/seal for the wheel carrier side of the toe arm?????

Also, I was wondering why the ball joint on the hardrace (=Che's) arm does not um move? Am I supposed to remove something?

Indeed, there are no instructions with this arm, and I cannot find any on the net. For example, am I correct in assuming I should unscrew *both* sides equivalent lengths to attain the proper length (ie, the length of the OEM arm)?
clueless1 is offline   Reply With Quote