View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
usna_porsche

Eliminated the mufflers on the boxster S

Hey guys, I recently purchased my first red porsche boxster S 3 days ago. My first porsche i've owned...but not first to owning a german vehicle. Previously owned a cl55 amg, but sold it because it wasn't agile enough for me.

At first I was going to do the pedro exhaust but the exhaust shop told me it was going to be too much work. They lifted up the car and upon that I realized the boxster already had an aftermarket exhaust. The sound was not doing the beautiful porsche any justice so I decided to eliminate the mufflers. They did a beautiful job with really nice clean bends. The owner was even nice enough to throw in 2 shiny chrome tips.

During the wait me and my brother decided to walk to get some food, I was a bit nervous at first because I was afraid it was going to be too obnoxiously loud... As I was walking back I watched a youtube video of a boxster...I was praying it was not going to sound like that. Once I got there they were putting back on my tires because I was changing the brakes as well...Lowered it...I was allowed to start it...and behold the most beautiful, clean, and high reving engine i've ever heard. It sounded like the gt3 N/A motors. Very quiet during the normal Idles but when I step on it especially coming out of a tunnel it sounds like an F1 ferrari. I kid you not, i'm extremely happy with results. Does not have the droning and annoying sound but a very pitchy REV!!!! Now in the process of getting a gt2 front bumper, Techart sides, and diffuser from precision porsche...Anyone buy from them before?
usna_porsche is offline   Reply With Quote