View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
KevinH1990

Cost to Replace Serpentine Belt

My brother helped me replace my serpentine belt yesterday. (He pushed down on the breaker bar to create some slack while I removed the old belt and installed the new one.)

When we were finished, he surveyed the parts I had strewn across the garage while disassembling the interior of the car to access the front of the engine. I changed the air filter at the same time, so the rear engine cover was off too.

He asked me "How much did you really save by doing this yourself." (He doesn't understand that I don't mind working on my car when the particular procedure isn't too frustrating.)

To be honest, I don't really know. I'd like to think I saved at least an hour of labor. I bought the belt along with a cache of parts from a forum member who had sold his car so I can't say exactly what I paid for it.

Has anyone had the dealer to do this recently and know the cost?

Thanks
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is online now   Reply With Quote