View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
Bob O

I agree. One can learn a lot at the track in the rain. On about my second or third DE it rained all weekend. All of us newbees were moping around about the rain and all the instructors were grinning! lol. "We're going to learn a lot today" they said. We did. Slowing down to match the conditions, concentrating on the line and being SMOOTH was incredibly helpful. And fun!!! (Except for the driver of the brand new Vette who apparently wasn't listening to his instructor and spun into the wall...twice in the same spin. Bummer..especially since he had taken the car directly from the dealer to the track and hadn't told his wife about the new car. Double bummer)

My first mod for the track was to change the stock brake pads to Pagids. After you get a little faster and start braking harder and later you'll more than likely find that the stock brake pads will start fading after a while. Easy quick fix. Pagid or some other track rated pads will stop the fade. They're a little harder on the rotors, and you probably don't want to drive around town with them since they tend to squeal a lot, but for the track they're a blessing.

After that...R compounds!! Whooooo hoooooo. Strap on the G suit and go for it! lol.

Have fun. Be safe. (As is always said at our DE driver's meetings..."The Newman/Haas boys JUST left, so don't try to impress anyone")

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote