Thread: keyed car
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
trube78

Langka & DR Colorchip

Langka works well (especially well on non-metallic paint.) Read the instructions carefully and try to keep the blob (chip or scratch overfill) to a minimum. When removing the blob take it slow -- no more then 5 passes then check. If you take it down to much (i.e. try to go too fast) then you must repaint and work it down again -- a big blob requires longer to remove. I put on multiple coats of paint with a small brush and wait 8-10 hours after I am done painting before eliminating the blob. Afterwards buff with a fine grit polish then wax. If you know where the chip is you can find it but most folks will not notice the chip. However, larger chips particularly with metallic paint will always be noticeable because metallic touch-up paint rarely matches well.

Dr Colorchip is great for bumper/hood road rash ... too many small chips to attack with Langka. It fills in the small chips with color and from 3 feet they are not noticeable.

There is another product quixx that works on scratches. Different product but it works.

I use all three on different types of scratches/chips. Cheaper than a repaint and most work well.

There are youtube videos that show all three in action. They videos shows the best application for each product. IMO langka is the toughest to use right but for larger chips and scratches to the primer it is unmatched.

Hope this helps.
Tom
trube78 is offline   Reply With Quote