View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #54
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
Honestly, I'm expecting more of the same. While the Democrats "controlled" the Senate and the House before, they didn't have 60 candidates so the Republicans filibustered EVERYTHING the Democrats wanted to do. Nothing really got done, health care was filled with nonsense and compromise to get a couple of Republican votes, finance reform was rubbish. The tax cut debate was just a smearing campaign. Now everything the Republicans get passed through the house and senate will just get vetoed by Obama, unless he compromises as he promised.

I'm not opposed to seeing any one ideology be tested, because I don't think even the best economists can tell you truly if Keynsian economics will work any better than Smithian economics, or vice versa. We all believe one is better than the other, but belief is not proof, it is assumption.

Personally, I think Keynes is the way to go. While we can sit back and let the Economy fix itself, I'd much rather have everyone pitch in and contribute money towards infrastructure and education to not only try and fix the economy, but invest in the future as well. Of course where and how much we spend is up to debate, but I believe that at least the notion of trying is right.

"managing the economy is a myth. It is, what it is.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote