View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #52
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
There isn't a Libertarian Fed-hating American that won't miss that character.

p.s.
Chris Christie honest? That guy is the epitome of skewing the facts. Last week he made a speech to a GOP audience where he claimed that right before his innauguration he had been "tipped off" to a "secret wire transfer" by our hapless ex-governor to "his buddies" and had one of his aids stop it the minute he swore the oath. When I read this my head nearly exploded. First of all ANYONE with access to a newspaper knew that this money had been approved IN ADVANCE because the budget approval to NJ cities was printed in the newspaper! Also, he recently fired his education chief after Christie himself was so out of the loop on the Race To the Top funding ($400 million) that he didn't find out that the application was INCOMPLETE until his delegation had come back from D.C. !! Christie promplty tossed that education official (a well known NJ Republican) right under the bus. Schundler has since quoted the Governor as saying "the money is not worth it if it looks like I'm working with the teachers union". Although I like the idea of having a Republican Governor with a Dem state legislature, I take EVERYTHING Chris Chrisite says with a grain of salt and 10 minutes on Google.

Wrong as usual PL.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote