View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #43
Iflylow

Good idea!

As I read all the other posts, and thought about buying American, I realized that without a lot of independent research, there is no way I can determine what companies are american. How hard would it be to set a standard regarding american parts, manufacture, employment, and post them on a high-profile website?

Many would still choose the cheaper imported goods, but the ones who care would spend the extra to buy american.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
What Congress could do is simply start a campaign to encourage consumers to buy from companies A thru Z which have pledged increasing jobs X% in 2011.
A yearly pledge of sorts. Surely they will want something in return but at least we are informing the consumer about which companies have a long term plan that involves American workers. Andy Grove who built Intel was recently complaining about this in the tech sector recently in a Wall Street Journal Opinion piece: "every tech firm wants to send every job possible to China as part of a 'China Plan'...but where's the USA Plan?".

2001 S Speed Yellow, matching interior, German Plates!!
Iflylow is offline   Reply With Quote