View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
ArnDog

Miss Fire on 1,2,3 and cut out at junctions.

Hi everyone.

Could do with some advice from anyone who knows of or has had this problem and how it was resolved.

My Boxster 97 with 60k milage was sat for about 9 months with monthly turn overs but that was it up until about 2 months ago. I took it to the garage for its usual service and MOT after having to replace the battery.

Firstly according to several people i know and also two Halford tec guys Porsche had sold me the wrong battery. So i have a Bosh replacment currently in the vehical. The Porsche one has alway struggled to hold a charge over 1 week of no useage. The only difference was the Porsche battery has a 80AH and the Bosh one has a 75 Ah. However the Porsche one is only 380 A. This apparently is far to low? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Could battery affect or cause missfires? (Porsche have suggested this)

Since being at the garage the car has developed a missfire on 1,2,3 which occured when warm.

Also it will cut out when up to temperature when the clutch is depressed at junctions.

-------------------------------------------------

I have checked and cleaned the M.A.F (this is basically new and was running fine)

I have checked the O2 sensors they seem fine. (also recently new)

There are no apprent air leaks

I have also removed and cleaned the Idle value. Replacing this has made not difference to the issue.

As such could anyone give me some advice on. I am thinking Coil replacment maybe?
ArnDog is offline   Reply With Quote