View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
SeaNile31

Ideally, where, when and who would you buy your 986/987 from?

Think I am about to begin my search for an 04 986 or 05/06 987 and was curious where everyone bought their Boxster from? My first Boxster was from a wholesale auction dealer who looked for a specific car for me. Car was OK, trouble free but with little history I'm not sure I would go this route again. Second Boxster S was from Lexus dealer, not sure if they got it from auction or took in in on trade. Again, no issues and like my first car gave me about 40,000 trouble free miles. Third Boxster S (05) was from private party. Car seemed well cared for and had all service records, etc.

Now that I am thinking of another Boxster am I right to steer clear from all the odd non Porsche dealers advertising these cars? I am sure they bought them wholesale from the auction and are making them up a bit. I feel the Porsche dealers ask an insanely high price when it comes to "their" cars, most of which come from the auction as well. Am I better off holding out for the perfect car and deal to come along from a private party? My last Boxster S was in IN and was shipped to Philly sight unseen. Not sure I'd do that again but holding out for an 04/05/06 blk/blk 6sp within 4hrs of Philly might take an eternity. Does buying in winter really make a difference in price anyway?

Thanks for the thoughts!

Last edited by SeaNile31; 11-03-2010 at 12:53 PM.
SeaNile31 is offline   Reply With Quote