View Single Post
Old 05-24-2002, 05:57 AM   #2
JSLeach
Forum Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to JSLeach
The rear window probably is not lost; you'll just need to get a few products and become a contortionist. Porsche has a rear window cleanser/polish, Meguirer's #18 is a good place to start, and Griot'sGarage markets plastic cleaner and polish which I've used with good success. A lot of folks swear by Plexus, but I never got the hang of it, without getting a lot of streaking.

If you have a windscreen between the roll bar hoops, it'll have to come out, and some people push out the black plastic "filler" screens in the hoops, as well, to get to the inside of the window. Lots of elbow grease, clean COTTON polishing cloths, and probably a massage for your back afterwards, should do the trick.

BTW, the Boxster has two trunks and one of it's initial marketing ploys was the speed of operation and compactness of the cabriolet top; these features necessitated a plastic window at the time. I've heard there is a glass window coming, but the overall area is sharply reduce. With the top up, there are considerable blind spots already -- I hesitate to think how much visibilty will be reduced with a glass window of smaller area.

John
JSLeach is offline   Reply With Quote