View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
yelojkt

The Best Road.........In The World ah I mean United States

So I got this idea when I was reading about the TOD and the roads around Eureka Springs and the one in NC I believe called the Twisted Pickle. Where really is the best road in the US for spirited driving. I think that there should be some things that need to be tied to it to make it rule supreme. Like...

1. It just has to be a really good road. As in new or pristine blacktop. No holes or dips (that will take out oilpans) or cracked sections that you feel in your teeth as you drive over at speed.
2. It has to be "Drop Dead Gorgeous" After all this is the best road in the US. So when you drive this road anytime you drive this road you can't help but say this is just so beautiful.
3. It has to have times when there is no traffic. It does not matter if it is early in the morning or late on a Sunday evening. It does not matter how heavy the traffic is when there is traffic. It just needs times when you can be left alone with it.
4. And it has to have a good turnaround or stopping point. Someplace where 5-10 cars can pull off get something cold to drink and sit around and talk about the drive and the fun of heading back.

Also please make it possible for fellow enthusiasts to find it.

What we are looking for is something like this..."The Pig Trail" highway 23 in AR south of Eureka Springs.
Attached Images

Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.

Last edited by yelojkt; 10-30-2010 at 10:31 PM.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote