View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
ekam

From Suncoast on 6speed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncoastric View Post
  • 997 Shift Console - a 15% reduction from your stock 996 unit. A great bang for the buck, no cold start issues. I've sold many of these, and every customer is happy and suprised with the results. Also expect smoother shifts.
  • 997 GT3 Shift Console - the same 15% reduction for a 996. I would only recommend this for the track, or for really aggressive drivers. I don't think the average person would need the reinforced joints. I wouldn't spend the money unless it was a track car.
  • 997 Short Shift Kit - As good as it gets, and with the largest reduction. If you want the best reduction possible, with no chance of installation errors..........this is the answer. This is my recommendation. Ya....it's not cheap, but you won't regret the purchase.
The factory options listed above come preassembled in the console bracket and alignment tool, making installation quick and fool-proof. All of the factory options are upgrades, all are a significant improvement over stock.
  • Aftermarket options - There are plenty of choices out there, but based on quality I would consider the B&M to be the best aftermarket version available. If not installed properly, it could be catastrophic. The installation is more labor intensive, and requires a complete dissassemble of the shift console. So precision is importmant. I've had many calls from customers who want to remove the B&M, and install the 997 shift console instead. Ask for feedback from other forum members, I'm sure you can get plenty of opinions.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote