Thread: coolant issue
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
fatmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboxter
need some advice on coolant leak. today i left the parking lot and the coolant light started flashing. i pulled over and checked for leaks...nothing to be found. i did see some moisture on some of the suspension parts so i know that liquid is leaking out. i also notice some moisture on the inside of the trunk lid just above the coolant filler cap. however, there was no liquid in the trunk. i got home and checked the level...i was about 2 pints low.

question is...does this look like a reservoir failure or do you think it might just be a cap or something else?

That is what my car did, except when I stopped -- all of the coolant flowed out.

Turned out in my case it was a busted rubber hose -- a simple inexpensive fix. The most expensive part was getting all new Coolant. But since my car is 8 years old, I didn't view that as such a big deal. Also, I shut my car down immediately when the light flashed. A flashing coolant light means your level is dangerously low. Don't drive it until you get it sorted out.

Good luck with it.