View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #14
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Congrats on the Boxster, and I agree with others about enjoying it as is and spending your money on making sure everything's tip-top rather than looking for go-fast goodies.

As for the Lounge, I'd recommend not basing your opinion of the very diverse population of this forum on what goes on in there (or any forum, for that matter. ). I'm suire it's just that certain people are more vocal (if you will) in that section than others. That's why it's there, for people to talk about things they'd likely do in person and keeping it out of the important stuff that helps people with their cars that this forum was made for.

I'd say Porsche's 15k interval for oil changes is more than a tad long, btw. Some on here do changes every 5k, 10k, or anually regardless of mileage. I'd say choose one of those and stick with it. Not trying to insult your intelligence, but obviously, if you only put 5k on the car per year, you don't want to wait 3 years for an oil change. I'd say choose what works best for the amount of driving you'll accomplish with the car.

Again, enjoy, DO drive it hard and feel good about it, and keep the car well-maintained, and I'm sure you'll be pretty problem-free.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote