View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
eltren

GREAT TIPS, great response!

Thank you.

Though before I go poking anything long into drain conduits whose condition is unknown, I will either blow or vacuum 'em out. At first I couldn't find the hole, there was so much fine muck and crud, got it now, and got it dry. Just poked it with my eyeglass temple for now!

So you're saying the horn is just shorting on the frame? I should be able to find it and waggle it and reproduce the prob, or eliminate it as a candidate?

The moly, whazzit do? Lube the pump/injectors/valves/cyl, all, other?

And to answer earlier questions, no, there was no inspection. Whatsoever.
I'm a madman. I bought it sight unseen. From a police auction. Confiscated car.
I better stick a proctoscope down the filler and check for Peruvian marching powder.

I am the 7th owner. Dr. Porsche help me. If the exhaust leak is no biggie, and it doesn't blow up, I got a bargain. Ran Carfax, FWIW, green all the way.

When the local independent Porsche guy is done with his 911 rebuild, he's going to go over the car from stem to stern and tune it. I'll have him drain all fluids other than the fresh oil. I really need a garage so I can do more of this on my own.

Amazon says Bentley on its way. As is a left side wind deflector and a lighter from a junkyard.

Like I said, the only idiot light is the spoiler at startup. Yesterday the spoiler deployed
at low speeds and did not stow properly. Today it failed to deploy at all at high speeds. Suggestions?

Oh and I have one count em one key. Am looking at what, 5-6 bills here for one smart and one dumb keys, right, or is there a better way?
I've been reading the archive, and it does not look good.

Today's lesson learned? It understeers! Grab a lot of wheel without throttle, and it pushes. Which makes perfect sense to me, and just needs a little go-stick to balance.

While draining the roof compartment I discovered that the rear of the top has come unglued at least once and been glued back, sloppily. What is the correct adhesive to use here, and any tips, tricks or cautions?

I'm stoked! I own a hundred-horse italian bike and this is every bit as thrilling, and I don't feel like I'm putting life and limb at risk very time I fire it up.

Cheers!
eltren is offline   Reply With Quote