View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
Gilles

before you remove the cat...

I would spray PB Blaster a few times (for a couple of days) before attempting to remove the nuts, otherwise you will round a nut or even worse, snap a stud...

Out of curiosity, why are you only replacing one cat, versus both..?

Regarding raising the car, I had put the jack on the anchoring point for the safety steel cables (middle of the car) that will allow you to position the jack stands on the proper position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN_986
Hi All

I'm gonna be replacing my passenger side Cat. tonight and this is the first real DIY job I've done on my car. I had a quick look at where it was located last night when I changed my rear wheel guards and it looks pretty straightfoward to me and very accessible. I've always tend to do minor jobs (oil, brakes) on my cars (VW, Acura) but never worked on my Porsche.

A couple of questions ...
1. Is changing this thing as easy removing the O2s, undoing all the bolts and doing the reverse with the new one? Do I need to remove any mounts?

2. Can I just jack the rear of the car and place on 2x stands if I chock the front wheels?

3. Where is the correct place to jack using the floor jack? I assume I can place my jack stands where the scissor jack would normally go but need a point to place the intial jack.

Thanks in advance
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote