View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
yelojkt

I like this guy already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T
Come again about draining the roof compartment? There should be round plastic tubes in the bottom of the foam trays to allow water to drain out to the street. If those are plugged and water overflows to the cabin, then the first thing to fry will be your $3000+ alarm module located under the drivers seat. Be careful. Check for damp carpet.
Go to nearby hardware store and buy some small dia. wire. Cut a piece about 6 foot long. Fold it in half put an flat blade screw driver in the folded end and the two lose ends in your drill. Then spin the wirewhile keeping it pulled tight. Pull out the screwdriver and squish the loop into an oval just over 1/8". Now you have your drain cleaning tool. Keep it handy and use it about once a year to clean your drain tubes. I check my tubes by filling them with water if the fill up than it is time to run the wire through. I do this with water in the tube until you see it flowing out the way it is supposed to. The drains I clean are for the sunroof on my beetle so I cant tell you where to look for water coming out but I would say close to the rockers under the car. Cost: under $5.00. Time: a few minutes. Savings: potentially thousands.
Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote