View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #5
yelojkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltren
Just picked a '99, it's all new to me. Overall, it seems pretty damn good.

Engine performance is decidedly underwhelming. I think I hear an exhaust leak.
The computer is telling me I'm getting 16 MPG. At 60 in 5th.

Is there a well known exhaust leak problem spot or component?
I don't notice any smells indicating an extreme rich condition.
Can the computer need calibration?

So to state the obvious, the car needs a tune, and...what?

You tell me.

thanks
It's a 12 year old sports car. Did you get a PPI done? Is it the base model, which by the way has always seemed a little underwhelming to me. What kind of service records did you get with your purschase? Remember you bought a car that when new cost $40 to $50,000. You cannot expect to pay $10,000 on a Porsche and not put any money into it. Now you can buy one that you may not have to spend as much money on as another but that is where research and patience comes in. I would say give it a tune up an extensive one and start doing your own research to find out as much as you can about your new machine. Good luck and have fun with it. Oh and congratulations on buying a 986.
Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote