View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
shlim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlow
From what I have experienced, it doesn't hurt the heating abilities but what it does affect is the ability to choose which vents you want the air to come from. So if you choose the main vents on the dash facing the passenger/driver, you will be getting some air out of the vents right next to the windshield which suck sometimes because then if fogs up.
Yup, I've got the same problem.... foam coming out of the vents and air coming out of the top vents blowing at the windscreen, even though those vents were not selected.

I tried activating the footwell vents (together with the main vents) which seem to reduce the air coming out of the top vents to a minimum. This way, the windscreen doesn't fog up BUT now I've got cold feet !

I presume fixing the foam at the heater behind the battery won't fix this problem ?? I presume there should another flap somewhere that controls the airflow to the top ?? Hopefully don't have to rip out the dashboard to get at it... hmm.

Having said that, my new E90 BMW blows cold air on the windscreen whenever the a/c is on, and I was told that can't be disabled ! doh...

Last edited by shlim8; 10-26-2010 at 07:43 PM.
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote