View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
say10jr

Talking What is the best air filter? Cold air, ram air, ect.

Hello Everyone!
I have a straight forward question. What air filter do all of you believe to be the best air filter to use for a 2002 Boxster?
It's my first time posting but I have read some of the threads that kinda deal with my question but I haven't seen a real answer to it. At one point I was thinking of biting the bullet and buying an EVO setup but from what I read. Not only is it a pain to install instead of cold air and more horsepower, there is a good chance that hot air can get in and lost of power can happen.
I was thinking of maybe getting the aFe Super Stock Pro 5R Air Intake System but from what I read on the forum. The plastic tube is not an easy thing to put in and really not much is gained or notice after installed. Not only that but the filter that it comes with is a "oiled" filter and as all the oiled filters there is a good chance that it could mess up my MAS.
If I did get the aFe Super Stock Pro 5R Air Intake System should I get the aFe Pro Dry S filter too? That way there isn't a chance of messing up my MAS.
Should I say to Hades with it and stick with my OEM box and just get the aFE pro Dry filter?
One last thing, Pedro's Techno Torque. What do you guys think about it? I've read so many good things about it but everyone has only tested it using the butt-dyno. JAAY was the only person that I have read about who has used a dyno. The results were not good though.
No disrespect to Pedro or JAAY! I like to thank both of them for all the info they put up here and all of there work they have done.
Thanks,
say10jr is offline   Reply With Quote