View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
privateselling

Garage
Door lock remote control synchronisation

Hello JB,

I could not solve the problem myself. I needed to go to an official Porsche garage to have one remote control replaced.
In the beginning there was some reluctancy to have it done under warranty (since the car has a genuine Porsche extended second hand car warranty) but I insisted STRONGLY even threathening them with going to court (!), and then they agreed to arrange this under warranty.
In case your car is out of warranty I just can refer you to the Renntech website in which you will find a topic called 'Technical Service Bulletin'. On June25, 2004 a Service Bulletin was issued telling that the battery change could best be performed at the dealer since you risk that the remote control looses its 'memory' when the battery is flat or when the replacement takes too long time.
With this document in your hand I think you can show your Porsche dealer that the information on the Technical Service Bulletin is in contradiction with the instruction in your owner's manual. In my opinion you can urge them with this information to have the battery replaced free of (manhour) charge. Of course you will need to pay for the battery.

I hope this information may be of help to you. Please keep me informed.
Best Boxster regards,

Alfred
privateselling is offline   Reply With Quote