View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #12
Highlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP
I was drving to Buffalo for the weekend and while in the left lane and deer runs across from left side of the road, a Jetta in the right lane hits it, deer gets bounced back into my lane and I end up running over it.

No major apparent damage visible, lower edge of bumper cover is shattered, lower edge of fender liner broken, part of trunk floor dented in. No fluid leaks, radiator fans turn on and works fine. Checked the underside and no visible leaks or other damage but the under carriage covers all look dented and warped. The underside is covered in deer guts, meat chunks and blood. Everyone in the other car is alright, but totaled their car.
When I hit the deer it felt like I went airborne, and from the scrapes on the bumper it looks, my car landed on the nose. Dropped off at a collision place and we will see if there are any underlying damage. I just got an alignment done too. Fortunately none of my sheetmetal looks damaged, just covered in blood and deer juice.

Now what to do about getting the smell of dead deer out of my clothes, hair, and nostrils.
Scary. Did you see it coming before it happened?
Highlow is offline   Reply With Quote