View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #4
gwoodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Are they trying to align to the ROW M030 spec? There is one from Porsche specifically for this set-up. I don't have it handy or I'd share it with you. You can get it from the dealer, I did.

The drop Porsche states is actually about right. I could tell my car was lower, but it's still completely realistic for street use. There are a couple of other 986s in my parking lot, one older and one newer and you can tell my car is lower than theirs.

They are not trying to align to ROW specs. They can tell there is an issue somewhere because they cannot adjust the camber any less than 1.5 degrees on the rear passenger side without the toe going out. They are able to do it on the drivers' side however. Which leads them to think there is something up with the shock b/c everything else (i.e. the control arms, track arms, etc) looks fine.

Technically, the cars' alignment is within spec, so it isn't a huge problem right now. I am really just trying to figure out what could cause this inability to adjust the camber any further. They suggested the shock may be slightly bent up top so I thought it might be a good time for the ROW upgrade and hopefully fix the alignment problem while getting a little drop out of it.

Good to know that there is actually a noticeable drop in the ROW setup. It is really hard to tell from the few internet pics I found and I haven't seen actual fender height measurements.