View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-o
Hi All,

..door would not open, fresh remote battery, key doesn't work either. Used the key to roll down window and open from the inside.

Started right up, took it for a drive, runs fine as always.

A few min. after I parked it, heard electrical clicking in both doors,...
I am now back to square one with non-working door handle PLUS electrical gremlins....

Sooo anybody have any ideas as to what's going on here? My alternative is to take it to the dealer... the same guys who told me I was "screwed" with the locked trunk..

Dave
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave, 8-2 you've got a dicy electrical connetions. This is usually the result of corrosion on friction fit connectors. It can often be remedied simply by pulling the plugs in and out kocking and rubbing corrosion off (can be invisible.

I'd start with the easiest, the fuse. Pull it out & push and pull it in and out a few times. (you can of course use a wire-brush of it. Move to the relay and do the same. You can open the relay and clean the internal contacts if you know how to set up a test to see if it's working or you can whack on the driveway a few times (often works).

I'd go to the other end and check for proper continuity with a DMM in all the little switches in the handle mechanism and make sure your contact are reasonably clean as described above. If that doesn't do it, trace the cable and give each connector the same treatments.

Also, with relays, if you have a feel for the circuitry, you can put your baby finger (most sensitive) on the relay and feel if it clicks on cue as you put the door through it's paces

Don't use anything to course on the contacts if you choose to clean the. You can als use some contact cleaner on the connectors.

Fun huh, my doors out to, PK