View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
dave-o

Door lock, electrical gremlins!

Hi All,

My wife had shoulder surgery and hasn't driven her 2004 ( 19K miles) boxster for 7 weeks.

When I went to get it cleaned up for her, the drivers door would not open, fresh remote battery, key doesn't work either. Used the key to roll down window and open from the inside.

Started right up, took it for a drive, runs fine as always.

A few min. after I parked it, heard electrical clicking in both doors, humming and tail light flickering. Turned key on, then off, no effect. Opened hood and disconnected ground. Reconnected ground, ok for a while then acted up again.

In the process I also managed to lock the car up (closed door) with battery disconnected. After useless advice from Porsche Dealer (tow it to us) I was able to manually open trunk through RF wheel well thanks to input on this forum from "Mike", many thanks!

I am now back to square one with non-working door handle PLUS electrical gremlins....

Sooo anybody have any ideas as to what's going on here? My alternative is to take it to the dealer... the same guys who told me I was "screwed" with the locked trunk..

HELP!

Thanks to all,

Dave
dave-o is offline   Reply With Quote