View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
Gforrest2

Well the main issue is the rebuilt title. This car was in a wreck and totaled by the insurance company. What this really hurts is the resale value. I myself, don't have a problem with rebuilt titles (doesn't take much to total a car now days). I bought my $19,000 truck for $10,000. However, after 4 years of ownership, I sold it this summer. Blue book was $15,000, I got $8,000. It only had 15,000 miles on it and ran land looked like new, only problem was the rebuilt title. I think the people I sold it to got a very good deal.

Your car? Looks like it's in pretty good shape for a 10 year old car with 95,000 miles. It may need some work but $6k seems like a pretty good deal. JMHO from a guy who's last 4 vehicles were purchased off Ebay, sight unseen (except for the photos). Last Ebay vehicle - '03 Boxster for $12,507, purchased in July.

Oh, and make sure you can license a car with a rebuilt title in your state. I think there are two states in the union where they won't license cars with rebuilt titles.

Last edited by Gforrest2; 10-17-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote