View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
What I want to know is how both Merlin33 and Ericindallas posted on PPBB long AFTER Rob shut it down! Did he turn it back on temporarily?

As for PPBB being vendor haters, I'm not sure they really were. I mean, they still welcomed Bumperplugs, Suncoast Porsche, Pedro and others. The board in general, just had a general rule that they didn't want vendors to overinfluence the main board itself because it actually detracts from the experience. A perfect example is 6speedonline where that board is flooded with vendors harassing folks with their wares...I mean how can you enjoy discussion on the forum if all you see are vendor ads disguised as informative posts on ECU reflashes, plenums, replica GT3 seats, sport exhausts...and how many wheel photoshoots does one need to see? They even have a subforum dedicated to vendor posts, but when I asked the board owners why they allowed vendor ad posts in their main boards too, they said yes, it was unfortunate, but their paid vendors told them that not enough people paid attention to their ads in the vendor forums, so they wanted to post in their main forums too. Ugh.

PPBB perhaps was extreme in filtering out vendors, but IMO, that was refreshing. I mean, if one wanted to get info on wheels, plenums, rep seats, and yes...even upgraded engines or engine parts, one could always just go to any of the other Pcar boards around. It's not like you can't find the info elsewhere, and even though PPBB was mostly vendor free, people there still had running cars that weren't a pile of junk....even without all those plenums, sport exhausts, fancy wheels, etc installed on their Boxsters. They just didnt need any vendor money to keep their board running. It was noise free discussion..except for the occasional politics.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 10-14-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote