View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
fusionist

Those Headlights.

Headlights are kinda a big deal for me on sports cars. I refuse to own anything with pop-ups from the '80s, even though there are some great cars.

The first time I saw a boxster in person I thought the headlights were beautiful! Seriously! I remember checking them out up close in a parking lot and being amazed. I'm sure I'm not alone too because the concept car was a huge hit and the boxster was an sales sensation for Porsche. I have a boxster book that put those headlight on the cover as an art shot. What I originally liked about them was that you could see the swept back evolution of the 993 headlights yet you could still see the original 911 headlights in them. Plus all the lights were contained in one which was a new thing at the time, making for a cleaner front end.

As time passed people seemed to tire of the fried eggs. Soon they went clear, which is what I have on my 2003. Then the 987 came out with sort of rounded triangle shaped lights which pretty much everyone seemed to think was better. I mean it was newer which is good right? Like everybody else I had headlight envy for the newest latest headlights.

Lately I'm starting to quickly tire of the new lights on the 987. Mostly what I think is wearing on me is that they are so similar to the Panamera and Cayenne which are kinda ugly cars. Porsche seems to be using that shape now on everything that's not a 911. Am I the only one seeing this?
fusionist is offline   Reply With Quote