View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
yelojkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
I was just being candid with the yellow. In any case, best of luck with your boxster purchase - which ever color it may be.

JD
p.s. By the look of things, it appears as though you are someone who likes to "mod" their vehicle. If that is the case, I would hold off on making any wheel purchases until such time as you know exactly what your final suspension set-up is going to be. Boxsters can be persnickety when it comes to proper wheel fitment ( i.e. size and offset ect..) .
I like form follows function. So that is the way I have modded my beetle. I have always run wider tires than stock with very little issue (occasional rubbing of the fender liner during full lock) until a few months ago. I was going to be doing some touring with friends in AR and MO and I needed new tires I knew i wanted the new XS's and was planning on getting them in a 225/40/18 because I had read that they ran a bit wide. When I called to order them everyone was out of them and I needed new tires so instaed of switching to a different tire I just ordered the 235/40/18, the same size of tire I have ran in three different brands on my car. Well lets just say that with the amount of drop I have on my car that was just to much tire. I have two fixes. I can raise the car up alittle (tried that and my coilovers would not budge) or buy a couple 225/40/18s and run those on the front and save the 235s for the back. Or just buy four new 225s and save the 235s for the front of the 986. Anyways the 986 is for performance driving first and foremost so no mods will be done to it that take to much away from that experience. And I have learned with this last tire experience on the beetle that rubbing (hard tire to fender contact at speed) is no fun. Thanks for the tip. I will most likely go-pro my fender gap at stock height at Hallett to see how much clearence I am left with under race conditions.
Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote