View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Paul Whyte

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. the photos were taken after a 15 minute run to work. I recently installed some Bosche universal O2 sensors that required me to splice into the existing wiring as they do not come with the connecting block, much cheaper than purchasing with them. I may have one or both of them not connected properly when I spliced into the wire. As it looks like the system is staying in open loop.

Is there any way of seeing which one may be badly connected? on Page 3 when I am driving the sensor readings change. (mine is an old 99 plate boxster - only has 2 02 sensors - pre cat.) The readings changing on page 3 (sensor 1 - bank 1 & sensor 1 bank 2), do change they sit at 0% at idle, but change whilst driving.
Is this data read from the ECU or feedback from the Sensors?

Alternatively is it as easy as - if the system goes to closed loop then the O2 sensors are working?

On page 1 , is fuel system 1 status, representing one O2 sensor and fuel system 2 status representing the other one, in other words by having both systems stating open loop does it mean that both my sensors are not working?

Appreciate the info and the help.

Kind regards,

Paul.
Paul Whyte is offline   Reply With Quote