View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
cbarnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
First things first.
98 Boxster Tip, mileage? Any other work done recently? Fresh fluids in engine and trans? CEL on? What error codes are you getting?

It has 89,800 miles. The other work done was new oil change and filter, water pump and coolant, new right side passenger cv boot, new belt and cleaned the cold air intake and mass air flow sensor.

I did find out that the plugs are not leaking the seal from putting on the cv boot without a new seal is leaking so, going to fix that.

I was going to change the trans fluid and differential today at a shop but they advised against it. Since they didn't know if it would make the lag worst. Lag only happens during drive not in tiptronic. Not sure its a trans issue. No cel light on and no error codes when last checked. The transmission fluid leaking a little from the seal looks clean and may have been done not to long ago. I just bought the car and have put about 1k miles on it and was aware of needing to do the 90k service and other things. except the lag bc thought it was the cats.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
cbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote