View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
jcb986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
My friend helped me install a new AOS yesterday on my 01 with 65k miles. My old AOS wasn't acting up or anything, but we did it as a precaution. It was only $88 from Sunset Porsche, so not really expensive to replace if you do it yourself.

The new AOS has an updated multiple o-ring seal which is much more substantial. You can sorta see on the pic below of my old AOS that it only had a small single o-ring seal (top left on that tube):
When mine failed there was no smoke. When the engine warmed to 185 degrees it would start a whistle screaching sound. It was air being forced out out the front seal which could have blown out the rear seal...not that's pressure.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote