View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 AM   #11
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlim8
As for the strut braces, I don't track and though I'm tempted on the M030 (heard wonderful feedback) was alittle afraid of the speed bumps around the area that I live - as even on stock suspension with 2 persons on board, I've hit the bottom of the car. A little lower and I'll probably have to take the bumps sideways in order to get across. We've got some monster bumps here... even my bmw 3 hits the bottom sometimes when fully loaded.

I seriously doubt the strut braces will do anything for you based on your description. Maybe you should consider an "S" suspension if you have a base Boxster or the USA M030 rather than the lower RoW M030. Shocks, springs, sway bars, bushings, etc will all have more of an impact than the strut braces.

As for ride height - yes you have to take speed bumps at an angle, as well as any steep inclines. I generally have few issues with my Boxster lowered, but you get used to it and learn to instinctively take things at an angle to avoid bottoming out. Someone does make an air bag system that mounts to the top of the shock and will raise the car for speed bumps and inclines. It's a pretty spendy option though when careful driving can usually work just fine.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote