View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #42
wombat7

Send a message via AIM to wombat7
I do not own a Boxster, but do have somethings to compare it to since I have been on a test driving spree lately.

99 Boxster (Non-S)
- I absolutely loved the car, great throttle response, crisp handling, love the feeling with the top down. Has enough torque that it can be easily driven around down. Very responsive. Its almost like the car knows what you are going to do before you do it. Very neutral when it comes to handling, no understeer and only oversteers when you want it to.

05 S2000
- Another car I absolutely loved. This is a true 240 hp go-kart. Very nimble and agile. Like the boxster, the car seems to know what you are going to do before you do it. Handling is very crisp. Lacks the low end torque to make it a serious daily driver. Interior is very cheap looking, but controls are positioned very well. Everything within arms reach of the driver, passenger has no control over anything. I think this car has the best gear box on the market right now. A simple flick of the wrist is all that is needed to change gears. My main complaint with this car was the fact that it was very tail happy. Now it was definately predictable, but just the fact that the car was so prone to oversteer annoyed me more than anything. The ride is very harsh and unforgiving. I would not want to take this car on a very long trip.

04 Lancer Evo 8
- Another very fun car to drive. This car is a completely different animal that a Boxster or S2000. It has loads of low end torque and when the turbo kicks in you get an incredible rush. Interior is put together nicely. You can't really beat the feeling of a redline launch in an AWD car. The backseat was a little cramped and I'm only 5'7." One of the major complaints I had about this car was the fact that it definately liked to plow through corners. It did not fit my driving style well at all.

04 350Z
- If this car was about 800 lbs lighter it would be a total monster. Loads of torque and power throughout the full rev range. Very nice interior. Great gearbox and very precise handling, for a 3000+ lb car. The main complaint I had was that it acted like a 3000 lb car. You could just feel all the weight and that made it a chore to try to drive on the edge. If you are looking for a 2 seat grand touring car this is where you should look. In my opinion the best car of that class on the market.

Hope that helps a little. I will update soon as there are still numerous cars on the list.

05 GTO
05 Elise
05 WRX STi
05 Mustang GT

1984 944 NA

"Live Fast, Live Young, Leave a good skid mark" - James Dean
wombat7 is offline   Reply With Quote