View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
Lil bastard

Personally, I doubt it increases the value much, if at all.

I mean the car is expected to work and the LN fix does nothing to enhance performance.

While it definitely can stave off a disaster, I doubt people would be willing to pay more for it - are used Boxster owners, as a group, so knowledgeable before they own the car? I think not - they just won't appreciate the value of it. Sure, you may get an occaisional 'expert', but the average prospect isn't going to have a clue what you're talking about. Even if you do get an expert, I doubt this will shift the car any higher on their priorities list, a set of 19's or 20's, or a CF interior will likely have more juice.

What it may do is get the car sold faster. Then again, if you mention you had the engine rebuilt or worked on, that could just as easily be a turn-off for a prospect.

So far as Insurance valuation is concerned, it's likely that your ins. co. wouldn't value it and might even try to deny the claim based on the car having been 'modified' w/ non-standard parts (most policies have a clause regarding this).

But, a defendent's ins. co. may be more inclined to consider it just to limit the claim and get it settled quickly before that crick in your neck turns into something more serious and costly.

Cheers!
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote