View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #36
chaudanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite
Bud -

Cloudsurfer talked me out of the Evoms setup. of course, Evoms didn't help themselves.....they wanted ME to basically do all the design work, asking for diameters, etc. I got the feeling very quickly that they don't actually design a complete solution, rather, they just slap some stuff together. at $450, they were only planning to give me the MAF housing, a cone filter & some sheet metal.

someone, either Jaay or Blue2000s, let me in on the fact that there's a BMW MAF housing identical to what i need. i'm coupling that with the BMC DIA airbox & some silicone tubing. i will detail the whole thing, along with photos & cost, as i fab it up.

Hey Insite, thanks again for taking the time to document your entire motor swap journey. I've been following along, and living vicariously through you with this swap!

What you said about the Evoms intake setup: I couldn't agree more... I feel like the Evoms and Agency power "intake" setups are exactly how you described, with a maf tube housing, cone filter, and some (poor) fitting sheet metal "heat shield" box. While I have an AP setup for the heat shield, etc, it fits so poorly and leaves so many gaps for hot air to enter. The Evoms box is pretty much the same... I'm looking to redesign this or go with something else soon.

Looking forward to your documentary for the BMC DIA airbox setup... That BMC unit has always interested me, but I never took the plunge in trying to get it set up to fit into the 986 properly.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote