View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
06boxster

Lightbulb Personal preference

Hi,
I recently got my 2006 Boxster base, mid 20s.
Before I found this awesome ride, I was in exactly the same mind set as you and here is what I found. I took the time to test drive several 2000-2002-S. Then I found out that they did a major model update in 2005. I couldn't wait to test drive one of those and when I did the only one I could find was a 5-speed. I prefer the automatic with tiptronic, but that is my preference. I was so impressed with the feature updates as in the gauge cluster, switches, glove compartment, etc. For me there was no way I would get anything but 2005 or newer. So I found this 2006 and I kid you not, the engine performance of this 06 base is better than the 02-S, I drove. So I'd recommend drive one of each and see what you like better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jditom
Hello,

I have been reading and studing as much as I can and need some advise from you all. I have had many cars, all types gas and diesel. I do most of my own work just because I like to and it gets done right (OCD for sure). I currently have a BMW Z4 and a MB ML320 CDI. But I drove one of my partners 02 Boxster S and I can't get that feeling out of my mind. It is now a must have.

So I like buying used since I turn cars over when I get bored with them (may not happen with a Porsche)
The question is spending low to upper 20's will get me a nice lower miles 03-04 S or a 05-06 base model. If you all had that choice which way would you lean assuming both are clean, great maintance records, low miles etc????

Thanks
Porsche, is driving in its purest state. It's about handling agility and throttle response so in tune with your instincts that the car no longer seems to be merely a machine, but an extension of yourself.
06boxster is offline   Reply With Quote