View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #5
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I think it looks terrific. Great job. The only concern I would have is that since your car is a base model, and it doesn't have a center radiator, the center opening in the new bumper actually draws in a lot of air into the center void behind the mesh center grille. In cars with a center radiator, the grille is needed. In your case, it should be blocked off, so that it doesn't catch a bunch of air in there and slow the car down.

In a Ruf bumper, for example, with the larger openings on the left and right side, they even provide you with larger plastic ducting that directs air into those side radiators that exactly fits the larger holes in the bumpers so that it is fully functional, and no air is being caught inside the bumper where it slows the car down.

Another example is the OEM GT3 bumper... If you have an S with the center radiator, Porsche sells the bumper with the center opening, but for the base Boxster, they sell one with a blocked off center. I bet a lot of the extra downforce you're feeling on that new bumper is just the car being slowed down by all that air catching into that center void. Not a big deal though...I'm sure you could fabricate a plug to fit behind your mesh center grille if you wanted to. Again, it looks great. Congrats.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 09-22-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote