View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
ryuujin

Pirelli wear

Thanks again to all who replied. I can assure all who suggested alignment problems and driving style that the problem wasn't caused by either. The tyres were worn evenly across the entire face on both sides. I have since fitted 4 Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins in place of the Pirellis. Yes, I know these are not N series tyres but from the research I have done it would appear that this is not a problem for 'normal' driving.
I had a candid conversation with the manager of my tyre fitter (who works hand in hand with the local Porsche dealer) and he told me of some other horror stories of Pirellis - of note was a Cayman with only 7000 klms on the rear - same Rossos as mine. Still no feedback from Mr Pirelli about the tyre wear, I will not fit Pirelli again (to this car at least). I can't explain why my tyres wore so fast, maybe it was a 'bad batch' of rubber, maybe I was suckered into buying 'parallel imports' that were made/copied in China, who knows - all I know is that I would have expected some sort of feedback from Mr Pirelli about this - I'm afraid he has lost my custom from now, and I will not shy away from telling others about this experience and lack of support from such a large company.

There,that feels better.

Pete from Oz
ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote